Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pressing On


What an unpredictable journey life can be. I never thought I would be 32, about to leave on an amazing adventure on my own... and find myself unemployed. I don't think I've not had a job since before Video Visions back in high school.

It's been such an emotional rollercoaster since I was given the news that my "position was being eliminated." I've gone through so many emotions since then - anger, betrayal, fear, relief, empathy, excitement... Part of me is so angry with how it all went down, but another part of me feels like it could not have worked out more perfectly. Not only do I now have time to breathe and prepare for my trip, but now I can fully pour myself into my experience while I'm there. I haven't been passionate about my career for years now so this is the push I need to take some time in Italy to do some soul searching and to really quiet my mind and listen to what my heart tells me is my next step. It's almost as if this had to happen in order for me to truly embrace this experience.

I’ve always loved and have reflected back on numerous quotes and I’m sure I’ll be posting many more on this blog.  I have quotes written here and there at my home and former office and always seem to stumble upon them at the perfect time.  This new challenge has reminded me of a quote from one of my favorite books, The Alchemist.

“Before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World tests everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we have learnt as we’ve moved towards that dream. That’s the point at which most people give up. It’s the point at which, we are just about to see the horizon.”

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that happened with your job, sweetie. I'm sorry to read it, but as you wrote, maybe it needed to happen for you to have time to reflect and slow down.

    You are strong, beautiful, competent, intelligent, and you are your mother's daugter. The Universe always provides, and you'll be just fine! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Michelle - I appreciate your support. xo

    ReplyDelete